Congratulations to the centers listed below for reaching the status of Cataract Innovator™ for the Post Op Efficiencies module. Cataract Innovator is the gold standard for AMSURG ophthalmology centers; it is also a program designed to assist AMSURG ophthalmology centers in the process of achieving Cataract Innovator status.
To be considered a Cataract Innovator for Post Op Efficiencies, the following must be in place at the center:
- Takes only one set of vital signs, unless otherwise needed
- MA/Tech is utilized to escort patients to vehicle per center policy and to retrieve next patient’s responsible party/family member from lobby, so that they are already in PACU upon patient’s arrival; e.g. upon returning from escorting prior patient to vehicle
- Only provides limited liquid nourishments after surgery, e.g. water, Sprite or apple juice – and are located within close proximity, e.g. refreshment cart
- Eye Surgery and Laser Center of Sebring Sebring, Fla
- Eye Surgery and Laser Center, LLC Winter Haven, Fla.
- EyeCare Consultants Surgery Center Evansville, Ind.
- Kingston Surgery Center Kingston, Pa.
- The Eye Surgery Center Bloomfield, Conn.
- The Eye Surgery Center Silver Spring, Md.