Congratulations to the centers listed below for reaching the status of Cataract Innovator™ for the Post Op Staffing module. Cataract Innovator is the gold standard for AMSURG ophthalmology centers; it is also a program designed to assist AMSURG ophthalmology centers in the process of achieving Cataract Innovator status.
To be considered a Cataract Innovator for Post Op Staffing, the following must be in place at the center:
- Mix of Post Op staff is dependent on volume, number and speed of surgeon(s); in general, PACU staffing mix consists of one RN/one MA per surgeon flipping between two operating rooms (ORs).
- RN reinforces the post op instructions, which were initially provided in Pre Op. MA is consistently utilized – provides nourishment, obtains vital signs, retrieves responsible party/family member from lobby and escorts patient/family to their vehicle.
- PACU staff is assigned staggered arrival times with RN arriving 15 minutes prior to the anticipated time of the first patient into PACU
- Eye Surgery and Laser Center, LLC Winter Haven, Fla.
- EyeCare Consultants Surgery Center Evansville, Ind.
- Kingston Surgery Center Kingston, Pa.
- Minneapolis Eye Center Golden Valley, Minn.
- The Eye Surgery Center Bloomfield, Conn.
- The Montgomery Eye Surgery Center Montgomery, Ala.